Berry Tea Mimosa
- 2 cups frozen or fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp sugar (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 cups strongly brewed fruit tea, we recommend a berry tea like Berry Mania
- 1 bottle sparkling wine or Champagne
- ½ cup orange juice
- Fresh strawberries and orange slices to garnish
- In a medium sauce pan on low heat, simmer berries for 10 minutes until soft. Pour in sugar and honey and stir. Taste berries for sweetness. Add more sugar if needed. Simmer and stir for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Puree mixture and strain through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. Use a plastic spatula to press berries through to form liquid.
- Using the same strainer with seeds inside, pour brewed fruit tea through into your serving pitcher. By straining through the seeds and pulp, you will gather more flavor!
- Add your strained fruit liquid, orange juice, ice and Champagne or sparkling wine to a pitcher and serve. Optional: add berries and small orange slices to pitcher or garnish your glasses!