Sami Sweetheart Cupcakes with Matcha Icing
Sami Sweetheart, Fruit Tea shines through in this cupcake recipe. Frost with matcha buttercream for a decadent topping!
Recipe type: cupcake
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups, plus 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 12 tbsp butter, softened
- 4 large egg whites + 1 large egg
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 ttsp almond extract
- ¼ cup Sami Sweetheart, Fruit Tea
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tbsp whipping cream
- 1 heaping tbsp matcha
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grind Sami Sweetheart, Fruit Tea in a blender or coffee grinder as fine as you can.
- Blend all the dry ingredients into bowl for the electric mixer including Sami Sweetheart tea. Add softened butter and mix ingredients together on low speed.
- Add egg whites, one at a time, then beat mix in whole egg.
- Lightly stir in sour cream, water, and extracts, beating to keep the mixture fluffy.
- Grease cupcake pan: 24 cupcake tins (using papers).
- Bake at 350F. Bake for 18 minutes, then check every few minutes (5 minute intervals at the most) for cupcakes or layer cakes, 30 minutes for 9"x13".
- Frosting: In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk, blend together sugar, butter and matcha. Keep mixer on a low speed until ingredients are blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding more cream if needed for spreading consistency.