Fiesta Rooibos Grilled Chicken
Sticky yummy grilled chicken with a lip-smacking, homemade barbecue sauce featuring Steeped Tea’s Fiesta Rooibos Dip Mix.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp finely minced shallots or onions
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ⅔ cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp Steeped Tea's Fiesta Rooibos Seasoning
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 6 chicken thighs (bone in, skin removed)
- 6 chicken drumsticks (leave skin on, it’s easier!)
- To make sauce, melt butter in a small pot over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic. Cook and stir until shallots begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Be careful not to burn them.
- Stir in all remaining sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let mixture simmer, covered, for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Preheat grill to medium setting. Place chicken pieces on a grill rack that has been lightly brushed with oil. Close lid and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes per side. Slather both sides of chicken pieces with barbecue sauce during last 2 minutes of cooking time. Chicken should no longer be pink in the middle and juices should be clear. Serve with extra warm sauce for dipping. Enjoy!