Poached Savory Rooibos Shrimp
- 3½ tbsp butter
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 pinches saffron
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp very strong prepared Rooibos
- ¼ each red, green, yellow bell pepper cut into thin strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp loose leaf Rooibos (and an infuser such as a tea ball or tea sac)
- 24 large shrimp
- 2½ tbsp butter
- arugula, limes for garnish
- Heat the butter in a small saucepan and saute the onions until soft.
- Add the cream, saffron, honey, mustard and Rooibos, and simmer until thick. Add peppers and season with salt and pepper
- Half-fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add the Rooibos in a tea filter or tea ball. Add shrimp, and poach until the shrimp is just cooked.
- Remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon and add to the sauce.
- Coat the shrimp in the sauce and serve with the fresh arugula and lime wedges.