Pumpkin Apple Soup
- 1¼ lb sugar pumpkin, halved, seeded and cubed
- 2 onions, quartered
- 1 large McIntosh apple, peeled, halved and cored
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tsp (18 mL) olive oil
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 4 cups water
- 2 Tbsp Apple Crumble, Black Tea
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place pumpkin, onions, apple and garlic in roasting pan.
- Drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Roast in 425°F (220°C) oven, stirring once, until pumpkin is browned and tender, about 40 minutes.
- In large stock pot, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer bacon to paper towel–lined plate.
- Add water to the stock pot and bring to a boil. Turn heat off.
- Steep Apple Crumble, Black Tea, in water (in stock pot) for 2-3 minutes.
- Add roasted mixture to the stock pot.
- Bring ingredients to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for a half-hour.
- Puree soup using a hand held blender.
- Serve with bacon bits and roasted pumpkin seeds.