Rooibos Mousse with Summer Berries
Berries and cream; it can't get any better... until you add the sweet, tangy flavor of Rooibos!
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp powdered gelatin
- ¾ cup hot, strong Rooibos Tea (pick your favorite flavor!)
- 2½ tbsp honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1⅔ cup heavy cream, whipped and sweetened to taste
- Whisk together the egg whites and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Whip the cream in a separate bowl, sweeten to taste.
- Dissolve gelatin in the hot Rooibos. Add honey and lemon juice.
- Gently fold the gelatin mixture into the egg whites, then fold in the whipping cream.
- Spoon into serving cups and layer with summer berries, if desired. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Enjoy!