Tonia's Perfect Raspberry Scones
Devouring a fresh raspberry scone is a lovely way to start the day!
- 1 package Tonia's Perfect Scone Mix
- 1½ cups fresh raspberries
- 4 tbsp cold butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup whipping cream or 2% milk
- 2 tsp sugar (for toppping)
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour (for rolling dough)
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C).
- In a large bowl, cut the butter into the scone mix until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Create well in center of blended mixture.
- Separate one egg and reserve the egg white.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg yolk with the remaining egg and the whipping cream using a fork.
- Pour into well and mix until the dough comes clean from the sides of the bowl.
- Add raspberries and gather dough into a ball, turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead three times.
- Roll dough into ½” thick round and cut into 12 wedges.
- Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet 1” apart. Brush tops with reserved egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until light golden brown.