Vegetable Rice Turmeric Soup
Comfort in a cup featuring our Turmeric 'n Spice, black tea.
Recipe type: soup
- 1 cup Steeped Tea Turmeric ‘n Spice, black tea
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup uncooked rice
- Brew Turmeric ‘n Spice, black tea according to directions on package. Set aside.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil, onion, bell pepper, celery, carrot, salt, and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
- Add chicken broth and Turmeric ‘n Spice, black tea and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add uncooked rice. Cover and reduce heat to a low boil and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is soft.
- Optional: add pieces of cooked chicken for protein packed comfort.